Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Anyone running a WEIAND 174 SUPERCHARGER or ROOTS blower?

14K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  UDELOSE2 
#1 ·
I need pics of one installed or being installed to see what it looks like and what i may need to remover or reroute to fit this.

Thanks.

#8 ·
If you are starting a new combo, you're better off with a stroker 351W.

A 408 will be much cheaper to build than a 302 with a blower. It will also make just as much or more power... without all the tuning hassles the blower will bring.

If you want to spend your time fighting the car, install the blower. If you want to spend your time driving the car, go with a stroked 351W.

Good Luck!

#12 ·
On 2005-04-19 07:31, n2omike wrote:
If you are starting a new combo, you're better off with a stroker 351W.

A 408 will be much cheaper to build than a 302 with a blower. It will also make just as much or more power... without all the tuning hassles the blower will bring.

If you want to spend your time fighting the car, install the blower. If you want to spend your time driving the car, go with a stroked 351W.

Good Luck!
Ive already got it all ready except the blower.Its the last peice to get.And it will be here in time for my birthday in june.

I got a good deal on a new rebuilt engine that runs and drives great just a little underpowered from a friend thats moving to tenn. for 100 bucks!Plus ive always wanted a "BLOWN" V8 so i figure what the hey right?

What issues will i need to over come with the blower?And can you provide any tips/tricks to help?

Thanks a lot.

#13 ·
,it has a boss 302 steel crank and rods 8:5 to 1 trw blower pistons, ported and polished heads, manly stainless steel valves, crane valve springs, screw in rocker studs, crane roller rockers, crane heat treated push rods, B M hydraulic lifters, B M cam, crane double roller timing chain, steel 11" mclouid flywheel,zoom clutch, blow proof bellhousing, moroso 10 quart oil pan with 2 filters, blackjack headers eldelbrock carb,dual point mallory dist,3" exaust with flow masters,it hooks up to a 4 speed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.