Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

how to replace a '71 torino ignition switch without key?

13K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  dbu8554 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I have a reader from my web site that has asked me a question Im not sure how to answer.

How can you replace an ignition switch from a '71 Torino without a key? I know with the key you can just turn it to ACC and push in the little pin hole with a pin and remove the assembly.

Any ideas?

Thanks! Mike

#2 ·
you ever seen Terminator 2? He just rips the colum apart and turns the car on that should work.

But lets be serious I have no idea I am sure its the same on a 70 maybe you gotta pull the wheel and such but I am not 100% sure go get a key made if its the same as a door lock its only like 20$ MAX to have a key made might be the best option

#3 ·
you ever seen Terminator 2? He just rips the colum apart and turns the car on that should work.

But lets be serious I have no idea I am sure its the same on a 70 maybe you gotta pull the wheel and such but I am not 100% sure go get a key made if its the same as a door lock its only like 20$ MAX to have a key made might be the best option
Haha, yeah thats how I feel about it. I want to just tell him to figure it out...OR if your going to replace it anyway stick a screwdriver in it and turn it to acc.

I dont have much info from the guy yet. But im assuming he's also missing the door keys. I just thought I'd try to see if any of you had a good answer, my 69's ignition is on the dash, so its a bit different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.