Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Wheel bearings...05 mountaineer

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Ggrahn 
#1 ·
Pretty straight forward i hope but can anyone tell me what kind of a job it is to replace wheel bearings on an '05 mountaineer. Is there any not so obvious pitfalls I need to be aware of? I have done wheel bearings on older vehicles,farm equiptment,and semis but nothing with 4-wheel independant all wheel drive that is that new. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Tony

#4 ·
Just looked at the parts breakdown after typing ford parts into my google box and it looks like there is a bearing seperate from the hub called the wheel hub bearing....listed as #1215 on the breakdown.....looks pressed in pretty tight though. the price on it was 108.00$. Hopefully there is a replaceable bearing in the hub or i may just be in a little deep!

#7 ·
Search you tube for videos on bearing replacement for vehicle, or related vehicle, to show you the process and some will even give you torque specs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.