B&M (Weiand) 174 Supercharger Engine Build
I am about to build a budget engine for use under a B&M 174 supercharger. I would welcome some comments on the engine specs I'm thinking about. Please, let's not open the debate on Roots v's Centrifugal Superchargers. I bought the B&M because in my opinion they look great. Here are the engine build details
- 1990 5.0 HO with TRW forged pistons & HO Roller Cam
- Refresh engine (has no bore wear at all) with rings, bearings, oil pump, timing chain etc
- 1980 351W heads (69cc chambers, should give about 8.2:1 compression)
- 1.7 ratio pedistal mount roller rockers
- Crane spring and retainer kit for the roller cam with .030 shims to increase seat pressure to counteract boost on backside of the valve.
- DSS Main support system
I'm thinking this should be a strong motor capable of handling all the power the B&M can produce. The cam has a nice wide lobe separation angle, and the increased lift from the roller rockers will help breathing.
Thanks in advance
1973 XA Aussie Falcon 351C, 1992 EB Aussie Fairmont 5.0 manual, 1994 ED Aussie Fairmont 5.0 Wagon, 1971 Mk1 Pommy Capri 5.0, 1995 RHD Mustang currently 3.8