Been getting more done, sandblasted the drivers aprons and surrounding area. Also finished welding unwanted holes and stitch welding the drivers front aprons/frame rails. I did the pass side and rad support last year and never got to tha drivers side.
Since it is time for the car to come off the rotisserie I blew as much sand out of the cracks, crevices, holes and such that I could. This took a good hour.
Also masked off the finished floor of car with plastic to help keep it clean while I do rest of car.
Finished blocking out the qtrs. this was the first coats of surfacer on the qtrs so I blocked with 80 grit first and finished with 150.
After cleaning and masking qtrs I put 3 more coats of surfacer on qtrs.
Next I put in the rear axle ass. And installed rear wheels and tires. I lowered the car as far as I could with the adjustments on rotisserie. Then attached my engine lift to front of car to lower front on to jack stands. Then took lift to rear of car and lowered it on to jack stands. Disassembled the rotisserie and removed it from car.
Then I had my first "panic" moment! The car didn't rest on the stands flat! It teeter/tottered on the stands. I was like son of a b!tch!! Car is crooked!
I was bummed and knew I couldn't have been that far out. So walked around car and checked stands, left rear stand was 4 clicks lower than the right. I fixed it and car sat flat on stands. Relief is a understatement lol. Here are some pictures of car on ground.
I am VERY happy with it. ESP. Since it isn't crooked lol.
Right now I have 29/12.50-15 Hoosier pro streets on 10 inch wide wheels. When I moved the rails and did the mini tubs I made enough room for 29/15.50-15's
But got a deal on the 12.50's.
I have 1.25 inch between inside of tire and leaf spring. Also have 2.5 inch between outside of tire and qtr panel lip. Which should give me plenty of room to move up in tire size.
With the car on the ground I finally feel like I am making progress.
It was a good day!