blue print engine reviews??? - Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum
FordMuscleForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

blue print engine reviews???

im looking at a 331 or 347 stroker motor from blueprint engines.. does anybody have any comments or reviews from these guys????... i want something around 400hp with forged pistons and rods... dont need a intake or carb.. i have an original shelby gt350 intake and a new holley 715cfm lemans carb i want to use...anybody have any thoughts on where to get it?
yoyoman05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: blue print engine reviews???

well after alot of research and checking with the bbb i found out blueprint engines aka marshall engines has some very very bad reviews..so i decided to but a 331 liberator stroker motor from fordstrokers.com... after talking with them and alot of research and checking up they really seem like they know what there doing.. only time will tell though.. only downfall is the turnaround time ( about 3-5 months) but that has to be a good sign... right?
yoyoman05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tech Contributor Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoman05 View Post
well after alot of research and checking with the bbb i found out blueprint engines aka marshall engines has some very very bad reviews..so i decided to but a 331 liberator stroker motor from fordstrokers.com... after talking with them and alot of research and checking up they really seem like they know what there doing.. only time will tell though.. only downfall is the turnaround time ( about 3-5 months) but that has to be a good sign... right?
3-5 months sounds a little long, but then what are they doing and are they backed up with other work? Maybe post their address and ask a member in the local area to go check them out. I know if someone needed me to check out a shop locally, I'd do it. Save time, money and possible grief for them.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Subscriber

My machine shop is very backed up. I've had a set of heads in there for about 4 weeks now. Manager said they had a couple guys retire and have decided to not replace them for now. That's a lot of knowledge to loose and just not having a couple senior guys like that in the shop can slow things down. They are still cranking out very good work though.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.