Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Mustang heater issues

16K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Marauderjack 
#1 ·
My daughter's 2007 Mustang's heater doesn't work.

Fluid, fan operation, and engine temp are all good.

Car gets some heat at highway RPM's. Go back to idle, and she goes cool.

It's probably going to have to go to a repair shop, but I'd like to have a little bit of knowledge in advance.

Thanks.

#3 ·
is it just the floor heat? there was a design error in the heat controls on these cars, I dont drive mine in winter, but sometimes get a couple winter drives- nice salt free days- and floor heat will freeze your feet. try running the 'vents', if they blow hot, its just a mustang thing...set controls for mixed floor and vent, then close the vents, it will warm the floor- but turning the fan past 3 will make it start whistling...

#4 ·
Sounds like you might have an air pocket in the cooling system??:confused:

Park it with the front of the car slightly uphill and open the system (not the overflow tank) after it's cool enough then start it and add coolant as necessary.:tup: They refer to this as "Burping The System"!!;)

The 2003 and 2004 Mercury Marauders are famous for the coolant air pockets with the same symptoms you are having!!:mad:

Good Luck!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.