Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

4 speed side shift #s what car did it came in

8K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  THUNDERBOLTS 
#1 · (Edited)
i bought a ford 4 speed it not a borg warner t 10 the # are upside down heres the side # C8 AR- 7006 W-2 H-B
THE TAIL SHAFT #S IS WHAT I CAN READ C4 ZR7 AO40A
THIS TRANS WAS REBUILT WITH ABOUT 2 MILES ON IT AND PUT UNDER 65 KIT CAR AC COBRA IT IS A SIDE SHIFT AND THE KIT SAID TOP LOADER 4 OR 5 SPEED THE GUY THAT I BOUGHT THE COBRA SOLD ME THE TRANY SO JUST WONDERING IF ANY BODY KNOW THE # ARE OR THE CAR IT CAME UNDER THANK YOU

#3 ·
looks like a 3 speed tail, but is has to be a T10 or Super T10 trans if its a sideloader 4 speed. Ford didnt make anything else in 68.

#6 ·
It would help if I could understand what you said. Shifter? What? I did read the link...anyways, guess I wont offer anymore advise on this. This thread is just starting to confuse me. Good luck TBolt, hope it gets figured out.

#10 ·
just like mine thank you. when i bought this trany the guy pulled it out of his cobra ( kit car) put a top loader 5 speed in it out of a 91 stang my first post about this trany i was thinking top loader ment the shifter was on the top 5 speeds like 91 stangs i was wrong i should said it top plate removes i will get some pic or i can send them to some emails or i try post them on here my self thank all for help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.