Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum - View Single Post - 1964 mercury comet
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 01:16 PM
retyler
Subscriber

Re: 1964 mercury comet

I can appreciate your enthusiasm in the old car hobby or any car hobby for that matter. I just wish there were more like you. You have what I believe is one of the most stylish cars that Ford ever produced. It is one of my all time favorites. So you can restore the car for it's beauty or you can restore it to show off a paint job.
Some cars look good in all colors and some don't. The colors that Chrysler used back in the day were better suited for their cars more than they would be for GM or Ford cars. Round bodies and Mustangs take well to just about any color, but cars with a lot of lines don't.
Chrysler has some modern day colors that will ring beautiful on just about any platform but the orange and black is not one of them in my opinion.
This is only my opinion however and it's your car and your choice. So whatever paint scheme you choice is up to you and I'm sure it will look great.
Please keep us up to date.
If you decide that the Comet is not really the car for you, just drop me a line. LOL.

"Tell it like it is or don't tell it at all" 1964 Falcon 2dr HT, 347V8 4V, dual exhaust, 5sp, pwr assist R&P steering, AM radio, heater with defrost and 2sp fan, electric windshield wipers, cigar lighter, dlx light group, bucket seats, console and full carpet.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome