Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum - View Single Post - A460 BBF Head Flow
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
dfree383

Re: A460 BBF Head Flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by plovett View Post
Yeah, the temptation is strong. Should I buy a couple of these assembled heads and get some port work done on them?

Ford Racing M-6049-SCJB - Ford Racing Super Cobra Jet Cylinder Heads – SummitRacing.com

Then I could start assembling a 466 or a 501. The low price is freaking me out. I'd only be looking for 650 hp or so. Nothing like yours. This would be for my street car.

I'm really struggling with this as there are now aftermarket FE heads that can flow around 400 cfm. Of course the price would be higher and the motor smaller if I stayed FE.

What a dilema.

paulie
Nothing wrong with a hot FE Motor, they just have thier LImits and can be expensive to get into.

That is a great deal on those SCJ's.......They will do 370-380cfm with a modest amount of blending And bowl work. 650HP is easy and a 557 is the same price as a 501....LOL Use the Force Paul !!!

"2010 New Years Resolution - Break into the 15's with a JA Custom Cam and Buy a New AMERICAN Truck"

Screw Auto Forums......

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome