Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum - View Single Post - EFI or Carb for my 352
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 10:57 AM
70XL

Re: EFI or Carb for my 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61Sunliner View Post
I bought the Fitech Go Steet injection system to try on my 61 Sunliner with a 352. I found a new Spectra fuel tank for under 200.00 and I just saw Fitech's new billit in tank fuel pump conversion kit so I am going to get that. I've heard people are having problems with their "Command Center" sump system so I'm just going to go with the in tank pump.
Now I need to swap on a 4 bbl intake, I have a stock cast iron one I can use. I don't know it it is worth it to get an aftermarket aluminum manifold for a stock 352.
Of course I'm going to go through all this and my Autolite 2bbl carb fires up every time, guess I can't leave anything alone.
Mike
The reading I've done suggests running a single plane intake for best results on these TBI systems. If you have a dual plane intake I understand you can improve the situation by adding an open spacer and/or removing the plenum divider. I saw an Engine Maters video on Youtube, and read many other articles and accounts that indicate better results with an open plenum installation. So, choice of intake and air cleaner will be critical for maintaining hood clearance, but you should have more choices.

1970 XL, 351W originally 2V, now 4V
670 Street Avenger, Edlebrock Performer intake, Comp XE262H, Flowtech Headers

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome