Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum - View Single Post - 351 Cleveland sluggish and breaks up at 5000 rpm
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
462ho

Re: 351 Cleveland sluggish and breaks up at 5000 rpm

The car is a 64 Galaxie 500 fastback. Yes, the Flowmaster systems are nice. Used them on my Firebirds.
My Glaxie has leaf springs, so I probably can't use the GM A body kit. I will check to see if they have anything else that would fit. Will definitely use the longest see through mufflers I can fit on it.

The engine was built by a drag racer in GA quite a few years ago, and was bought from his estate. It is definitely a 400 block with 351C 4V CC heads, solid roller cam, stud girdles, deburred block, Torker intake. The guy that bought and stored the engine for several years actually pulled the pan to verify that the engine had the good parts that the racer's son said it did.

I don't know what crank is in it. It sounds like it would have been a good idea to get the extra cubes from the 400. I don't see why a drag racer would build a 351M vs. 400.

I did get a chance to check the throttle linkage today, and it is right. So, on to the trickier stuff for me to check.

Thanks.

1964 Galaxie 500 351C 4 speed
1971 Pontiac Trans Am 455 HO

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome