Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

65 Convertible

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  SoonerFan 
#1 ·
Hey All,
I have a 65 convertible, C Code, 289 2bbl. I know very little history of the specific car, but it does run. It does appear to be the original engine with few new parts to have get it back to running ability. It does run, but I'm not confident in her reliability and safety on the road. So my project begins. My thoughts are to pull the engine, c4 auto transmission and replace with 5.0 EFI, new rear-end, disk brakes (basically modernize the car) and keep all original parts in case I ever want to restore later in life. My main goal is to be able to reliably and safely drive the car. What are the forum's thoughts? Thanks in advance for advice.

#4 ·
Since original posting, the original engine is on a stand.
Project has taken a turn. Attention has been diverted body of the car.
Question for the forum. Any recommendations on:
1. Disc Brakes (front and back)
2. Wiring Harness. For the original engine.
3. I've cut out the battery apron and ready to install new one from CJ Pony parts. Metal appears to be ~22 gauge (by feel). I'm going to Mig Weld in the new apron myself before attempting new floor plans. Any advice?

If you can on #1 & #2 provide website and Item # would be helpful.

Bare in mind, I'm not an expert on anything I'm undertaking now, far from it. I'm finding myself having one of the best times ever, and frustrated at the same time. I know she'll be worth in the end.

Project Elsa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.