Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Cowl Hood

20K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  AT68 
#1 ·
does anyone make a cowl hood for my 78 king cobra ?

#2 ·
I have yet to find a hood that's mass produced for the 74-78 Mustang II other than the factory hood. You're more than likely going to have to fabricate something yourself or get someone to fabricate you something. You don't want the hood that's on it now? It's the only one like that I have ever seen on a MII. Would you sell that hood?

#4 ·
From what i casn tell, they painted this car then let it set for several years. the hood is very rusty and the inserts they fabed into it are coming off due to the rust. when you lift the hood rust runs down threw the hood and falls out the holes, the hood matches the fenders on the car and i would like to keep this hood but it is pretty bad. I am in east TN. i will post a better pic of the hood this evening.

#7 ·
Need more advertisement that they have these hoods for sale. I've searched online for cowl hoods, shelby style hoods on the net before to no avail. Generally contacting someone to make 1 hood is quite expensive. MII really saved the Mustang line through the 70s but people tend to forget this and shy away from the MII. Never understood why, they have so much potential. Should be a lot larger following than there is if you ask me...

The fact that it's difficult, not impossible, to find people like what you've given Feeble, is testament to how difficult it can be to find stuff like a cowl hood for a MII. It's all about who you know I guess.

#8 ·
I bought a mini cowl scoop from ebay a few years ago, and bonded it onto my steel hood, after cutting out a large section of steel from the hood and support piece.

It's a nice option for Mustang IIs, the cowl fits perfectly, and looks nice on the car.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.