Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Welcome to the Street Rod forum

27K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  5.0 Chero 
#1 ·
Alright guys, you asked for it... so here it is. FordMuscle's new Street Rod forum. Tom Zuloaga (F15 Falcon) is your moderator, so we'll let him handle the exact definition of a Ford Street Rod. To get started we'll loosely make it for 1948 and earlier Fords. Have fun with it.

#7 ·
Tom Zuloaga (F15 Falcon) is your moderator, so we'll let him handle the exact definition of a Ford Street Rod.
Well - let's hear it! :D I'm still confused by what is a Hot Rod, Street Rod, etc., and why. It would help me educate the public, as it doesn't matter what I'm driving - a 1929 or a 1969 Ford with fat tires and a rumbly exhaust - folks still call it a hot rod...

This kind of stuff fascinates me, and it was fun learning about the first car to ever be coined a 'rat rod', and how it started the movement. It was also interesting to source the origin of 'hot rod' (from a Nova University professor at a dinner party of all things); generally a young punk and especially Navy sailor on leave that had a bit too much interest in the local fertile females... lol. Now I get it! Hot Rod was originally about the drivers - not the cars! ;)

So, what is the definition, and why that specific year cutoff? What happened that year? Congratulations, Tom! This should be fun!

David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.