Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum - View Single Post - 347 Stroker Pistons
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 03:51 PM
barnett468

Re: 347 Stroker Pistons

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnys View Post
I did not know about torque plates good tip there indeed.
its really a little bit anal to do that but i like to do it on some apps especially strokers like this and especially if i am using low expansion pistons and even more so if i am using higher torque on the head bolts than stock . . it only costs me around $45.00 more to get it done this why so its also pretty cheap . . i also run most of my engines at 180 or 185 as opposed to 192 for several reasons.

Quote:
What pistons use buttons for the ring support.
i don't know nowadays, perhaps psig would, but again, good rings will be a good defense against oil burning . . also having someone that knows what they are doing when boring and honing . . some shops accept a bore that might be tapered by .0005" or more when they are done . . others shops will fix this on a fancy power hone machine.

Quote:
Daft question why do they do two different diameter rod ends.

Jon
xlnt question, lol.

i also saw you mention motorcycles . . i was in charge of the r and d department for a very big motorcycle mfg for several years and did a bit if racing myself so i am familiar with weisco pistons..

Last edited by barnett468; 01-07-2015 at 04:00 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome