Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum - View Single Post - Son / Father 1966 Galaxie Fastback Rescue / Build
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 05:25 PM
ford4v429

Garage
Re: Son / Father 1966 Galaxie Fastback Rescue / Build

great seeing father/son projects of any kind. I never got to work on anything with my real dad, very few things with my stepdad- but have gotten elbow deep into projects with my 4 boys as often as possible, some of the best times ever, no matter what a PITA a certain job might be...they were little(well youngest wasnt even born yet) when I redid my neighbors old galaxie, but they were out in the garage at 4,5,and7 yrs old 'helping' as much as they could- loved turning wrenches, scraping dirt,brushing paint...theyve come a long way since then

the two oldest rebuilt their first cars from some that needed more than a little elbow grease, learned a lot along the way- mostly not to be afraid to try and tackle anything if need be. the oldest is only 19, already on his third vehicle- first was a $500 1990 mark VII that had sat a long time, but rustwise was a pretty easy salvage- but tons of mechanical issues- but I had a 89 too rusty to save, donated it for parts, already had coils/rebuilt suspension/motor-rearend-tranny, etc... took the two and made a pretty decent one, he still gets compliments on...
then he wanted a truck, bought a old expedition out of california in incredibly good shape, only needed a few odds and ends maintenance things, and two months ago, wanted a 'nice' truck, found a decent deal on a 2011 silverado 4x4- pretty nice vehicle for a 'kid' but hes worked 3 years, been very responsible, and earned it...
the 17 yr old rebuilt his rusty ranger with a lot of help, but he is rightly proud of it, and has relatively low investment dollarwise- but he too worked summers/saved/etc... all those hours were great...
the 16 yr old bought his big brothers old expedition, wants to get working on my 69 mustang...he also worked diligently on his brother's projects.
then theres a 7 yr old into Star wars, biggest project with him was building a r2d2 look alike out of a old domed security camera- its all good
best times ever
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	111154   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140403_235400.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	111162  

CONFIDENCE: that feeling you get just before you realize the mess you got yourself into...
Saving a 65 Galaxie
1969 Mustang project pics

Last edited by ford4v429; 01-01-2016 at 05:32 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome