Re: 66 C4 - Input Shell (on forward part of gear train) - Fitment problem
That is not right . Along with the different sun shells must have the matching drum to go with. I'd say there's a mismatch there
Here is a document listing some differences ..
Some anomalies of the first version of C4
1) No bushing in front ring gear
2) Snout of front planet not machined
3)Front splines on output shaft aye 3/4" long
4) Sun shell is 3-1/4" long
5)Direct drum is 2-7/16" long
6)Front servo pin bore in case is smaller than later boxes
7) Front servo does not have a letter on it and lettered servos will not fit
8) Bolts in rear case to retain sprag cam have 1/4" heads
1)All had bushings in front ring gear hub
2)all had snouts on front planet machined
3) Output shafts through 1969 had 7/8" splines - After 1969had 1" splines
4)Sun shells are 3-1/8" long
5)Direct drums are all 2-11/16" long
6)All cases have a standard larger bore servo pin hole
7)All lettered servos will fit all large bore cases
8) Bolts in rear of case have 5/16" heads
Are we confused yet ? There are numerous changes over the years not listed above , but which can bite you if you are not aware of them.
Last edited by gregaust; 08-19-2019 at 02:25 AM.