That is true. it also depends on your browser and some fixes you can apply as well. ill post some info below and see if any of it helps.
Unresponsive scripts are extremely common issues with members and moderators across all boards. these issues have a number of troubleshooting ways to fix it.
Shockwave is usually a pretty big factor in this, along with outdated browsers, flash, java, and not having enough processing power on whatever device you are accessing the board with.
Below are common fixes to fix this. video ad's can be turned to "click to play" instead of autplaying. and a few other fixes can be applied as well to streamline your browser experience.
If it is still an issue, it could be a rogue Ad with bad stuff attached potentially.
keep in mind a number of things can cause this, not just the back end. but could be extensions, plugins, malware, etc.
here is the more common fixes for this:
- shockwave being unstable. disabling or deleting this could help
- updating your flash and java to the lastest update
- any rogue extensions that "auto installed" on your browser without you knowing.
- malware or spyware has piggybacked your browser
- hardware acceleration could be incompatible with your system in general.
- Rogue Ad causing the issue as well.
- Cookies and cache are outdated and need to be cleaned
- temporary internet files on your back end are flooding and fighting for use. doing a disk clean up could help as well.
You can read more about possible fixes below here. These fixes can also apply to chrome, but would be in different areas.
I hope that helps.
Unresponsive Script Warning - MozillaZine Knowledge Base