First and foremost, wanted to give my wife a shoutout for hanging with me the other day at the shop. Took a pic of her helping roll out the deadener..........
She was a big help.
Car was always a mess with the cheap cover I bought originally so I bought a better cover since I have no control what they'll be working on, where and with what doors opened.
I didn't get but a few hours in today. What time I did have seemed to go by pretty fast.
Was able to install the headlight assemblies and brackets. Also, mocked up the new Oracle SMD LED halo headlights on the drivers side with little fabrication needed. These are white SMD LED halo's that will have Vision X Lighting H4 bulbs installed. I seen these installed in a Chevelle being finished at the shop while my car was in progress. Liked the look so I decided to try them in my ride.
Installed all of the radiator deflector shields but had to drill out the holes for the side deflectors. Obviously they weren't originally installed in this rad support.
Put in my new 7 blade fan and clutch, radiator mounts, radiator and the fan shroud. Bought a 3 core radiator from US Radiator that is more efficient but is identical in appearance as the original. The original block was flushed, high flow water pump installed, all radiator deflector shields and new radiator with the original shroud. I should be good to go on cooling.
Finished up the taillights and blasted and painted the hardware for the hood latch assembly and horns before leaving.