Installing the Ford GT supercar fuel pump into 99-2004 Mustang is pretty easy with just a few hand tools and a little time.
Utility knife, new blade, metric socket set, jack stands, and floor jack.
1. After supporting car on jack stands, support tank with floor jack and piece of wood.
2. Remove tank straps and 3 bolts inside gas door.
3. Lower tank slowly until you have enough room to get to fuel pump cover.
4. Remove cover and pull tank canister from tank. I didnt disconnect any wires or hoses.
5. Remove cover off canister and remove fuel pump, cut wires about 1 to 1 and half inches from fuel pump plug.
6. On new pump cut plastic nipple so that it is the same length as old pump. Install black hose that came with new pump and cut it flush with end of nipple so all it does is increase the diameter of the nipple. I also beveled the edge a little, to ease installation of fuel line.
7. Cut a 45 on the corners of white plastic housing near electical connections so the fuel pump will fit into mustang canister properly.
8. Install pump and canister top using sock and rubber pieces from mustang pump. Strip and crimp a spade onto each wire and hook to new pump. Both pumps are labeled +/- and mine was opposite one another.
9. Reinstall canister into tanks and replace everything back into car.
10. I started mine before installing tank straps just to make sure everything was good to go.
Good luck and hope my pictures help some.