Originally Posted by 72BlackOnBlack
Damn.... that motor is a beast.... Any idea on the #'s?
I really hate to make predictions! I did not build this motor for max hp, rather to make the most average tq/hp over a powerband of roughly 3500 to 6500 rpm. Most people would have used a larger cam, but everyone thought my previous car was undercammed as well.
My last car had a race weight just under 3500, and ran a best of 11.27 @ 119.6, all motor, on DOTs, driven to/from track. My goal is for this car to be even more streetable (with the OD tranny w/lock-up converter), and be quicker than the previous.
I have not scaled the wagon yet, but hope the race weights will be similar. The previous car had a few more cubic inches (469 vs. 425). But this one has better heads (MUCH more flow, and better chambers), more compression ratio (10.8 vs. 9.9), and a better cam (solid roller vs. solid flat). Piston design is also better and lighter, along with the connecting rods. The trans has a lower 1st gear, and a bit more stall speed. Suspension should be better on this car was well (Calvert split-leaf springs and Cal-track bars, vs stock springs and SSM bars).
The complete valvetrain on this motor is WAY better than what I previously had, too.
I'm waiting on Baumann to get back with me on the tranny's computer, it only wanted to shift between 1st and 2nd. Once that is figured out, I'll get the car to my local exhaust guru, then I'll be able to put some miles on it! I'm hoping to have it to the track by the end of March.
I'll get some more pics of the car itself once I get it on the road and cleaned up a bit more. I've got plenty of pics of the various projects (hood scoop install, dash mods for the gauges, engine assembly, etc. if anyone is interested).
Thanks for the comments!