Hey folks, been a busy and crazy spring and summer. Since March I have been working on retiring from active duty, and starting a new job as a civil servant, thats working pretty darn good now, an offer I couldn’t refuse.
I can not remember when I started pulling the Mustang apart to begin the final phase, I think I pulled the engine in late October.
The car had been in a couple of minor fender benders and had some nice battery corrosion along with the many holes drilled to mount this and that. I wanted to get all this looking good and replace the cut and bent metal.
I had the frame checked (it was dead on), then I had the engine bay and fender aprons soda blasted, then I removed the front aprons, radiator support, and suspension. Once it was all cleaned and old metal removed, I replaced both front inner aprons, and the radiator support.
I also decided to go with the big block so while I had it down, I stitch welded all the seams and braces in the front end, and notched the shock towers to boot.
The shock towers were a given, regardless of the power plant, having wresteled with the extra 1.5 of deck rise and subsequent pain in the ***s tight spaces up there with headers and clutches on the 351W, I would do this regardless. I gained me nearly 4 inches in extra clearance while keeping the stock suspension and not having to pay two grand for a MII front end.
Here is some of the work I have done, tech articles are in the que and coming if you have questions about what or how. Or you can just post/PM me.
Project 521 Gydyup - 67 Mustang Coup
521 BBF-Solid Roller -Kaase P51 Heads-Victor-AED Dominator - Jerico DR4, Long Inline Shifter.
Shortened & Mini Tubbed. Strange Nodular 9, Spooled 4:56, Mark Williams Axles.
"old School - WWDD"