HERE......BUT...I know defeat. :( - Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

HERE......BUT...I know defeat. :(

I have a similar build to a dude on Youtube and I SURRENDER. HOLY CRAP. First off...before you call me a wimp. I'm 6'2" and muscular. I'm no *****. BUT....after seeing this...here's me:

BUT...(i was N/A)...WATCH this dude hammer these gears like he's swatting flies. It's unreal. Most of you put your car in "D"....some of us have to 'shake hands'.

no2Mike...Toldya I've been on these forums for a long time....I STILL blame you for my spending spree last night. I want to pull my front tires off the ground with a four speed Top-loader.

-E

'67 Mustang Coupe 351W / 4-speed, 13:1 comp, .646 lift solid roller, Victor Jr Intake, Windsor Sr. Heads, 9" Detroit Locker on 4.10s. NOS Super Pro Shot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Re: HERE......BUT...I know defeat. :(

DAMN YOU, SIR!!!!! I spent all day working on my '67. I'm missing my 1 gallon nitrous entrichment tank and then I will ATTEMPT to sniff your 60 foot time. I have every piece to the puzzle except for stand alone gas tank. After watching your videos, I actually measured the 60 foot time on my diveway. The good news is, I have a 200 ft drive way. The BAD news...you have my car's ass kicked by .25 seconds on the 60. "Is that all?? LOL!!!!" I know what Mike is thinking...let's bring on the OTHER 1750 feet.

'67 Mustang Coupe 351W / 4-speed, 13:1 comp, .646 lift solid roller, Victor Jr Intake, Windsor Sr. Heads, 9" Detroit Locker on 4.10s. NOS Super Pro Shot
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 06:20 AM
Premium Member

Sounds like a long time in making a little 1/4 mile wager

I wanna see you pulling your front wheels up with a toploader too!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Contributor Gold

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcasas View Post

no2Mike...I STILL blame you for my spending spree last night. I want to pull my front tires off the ground with a four speed Top-loader.

And here I thought that every Mustang with a 4 speed could pull the wheels off the ground???

Dennis

65' Stang Street/Strip. Dart 434W NA, Victor heads, G101A 4 Spd, 4:56 rear gear, on 93 octane pushing 3550lbs. [email protected]

Last edited by dennis111; 05-06-2013 at 02:49 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis111 View Post

And here I thought that every Mustang with a 4 speed could pull the wheels off the ground???
OOOUUUCHHHH!!!! FACED HARD!!! Damn, Dennis, kick a man while he's down whydontcha!!!!!

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 12:11 PM

Hey Eric! Thanks for the kudos! There's a guy in Ohio who I want to grow up to be like. His name is Gary Moore! He has a stick shift mustang that may be in the 8's by now... He uses a fogger nitrous system and 8.2" engine! I wanted to be just like him back in the late 80's when his car was in the 10's and mine was in the 13's.

Back then, he had an 8200 rpm chip in the rev limiter and two nitrous plates stacked on top of each other! He was the MAN! lol Big time street racer back then. Had some of the first aftermarket heads for a small block ford... The Alan Root heads, that were later sold by Ford as the J302. They had a dual bolt pattern exhaust flange and a wide exhaust port that required special headers to not block part off. His car had a Dana 60 with 4.56 gears and fairly large tires. He was even lucky enough to get on Pass Time! Car is dark blue with a white interior and a snorkle scoop.

Keep chipping away at it, don't burn yourself out, and have fun with it!
I LOVE your enthusiasm!

Last edited by n2omike; 05-09-2013 at 12:48 PM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
I'm missing my 1 gallon nitrous entrichment tank
You really need to run straight race gas with the bottle. Don't think you can get away with pump gas for the engine, and only add race gas through the nitrous system. You need to run straight race fuel. I even go through the trouble of pumping ALL of the pump gas out, before replacing it with race gas when using the bottle.

My nitrous is engaged using the throttle switch, which makes things much easier to manage. That's what gives it the torque to launch like that!

Good Luck!

PS... A few more fun videos!

Last edited by n2omike; 05-09-2013 at 06:26 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 02:22 AM
Tech Contributor Gold

Garage

Quote:
OOOUUUCHHHH!!!! FACED HARD!!! Damn, Dennis, kick a man while he's down whydontcha!!!!!
Just kidding around with you.

Mike makes it look easy. Keep up your enthusiasm for drag racing and eventually it will happen.

Dennis

65' Stang Street/Strip. Dart 434W NA, Victor heads, G101A 4 Spd, 4:56 rear gear, on 93 octane pushing 3550lbs. [email protected]
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis111 View Post
Just kidding around with you.

Mike makes it look easy. Keep up your enthusiasm for drag racing and eventually it will happen.
Mike has also had this same car since he was 15 years old... and is eh... 45 now!

Last edited by n2omike; 05-10-2013 at 03:01 AM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Man...just looking at the still shots of you guys launching is keeping me motivated!! I've had this car since I was a teenager in the Navy back in 1994. I've always done some work on it and then parked it back in the garage. She sat parked for several years back in the late 90's into the 2000s. She's not getting parked until I can lift at least ONE tire this time. As a matter of fact...for the first time in nearly 20 years, I have all of my lights working. Hell, I even fixed my horn and wipers. The car's wiring had been rigged so many different times. What a party that was trying to figure out what went where!! Last Saturday night I made the mistake of cashing a 12 pack while I was working on the 'Stang and then I came in to look at some youtube videos. A couple of tequila shots later, I come across n2oMike's videos and went nuts!!! Ended up going on a drunken spending spree on E-bay at 4 AM trying to get my nitrous kit all pieced together! I'm oohhh so close!!

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Also, FYI, n2oMike...the link in your signature is dead.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Contributor Gold

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2omike View Post
Mike has also had this same car since he was 15 years old... and is eh... 45 now!
I've had my 65' 3 years longer than you have had your 66', but I had never went down a track until 2007 . . . . when I was a "young" 52 year old.

Dennis

Last edited by dennis111; 05-11-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in