Finally started my project..
As the title states, I put the car under the knife.. my goal is to fit a set of 325/50-15 drag radials (28x12.0).. I know everyone has there own opinion on suspension setups and I know there are going to be those that wont agree with my setup, but its my car... with that being said here is what I am doing.. I moved the leaf springs to the inside of the frame and hung the axle 3/4" rearward from stock on floaters and ladder bars.. I sectioned 6" out of the bottom half of the fuel tank to make it fit between the springs and look somewhat stock.. I had to remove the factory frame rails from the just above the axle (used the bumpstops as reference) and fabricated new rails that are parallel instead of flaring out, this netted me 15" of total clearance between the frame rails and fender... my camera is broke so I dont have any pictures, but I managed to fit a larger than anticipated tire on the car... my original goal was a 275/60-15, but my buddy has a set of 325's and he was like lets try these, so guess what..