65 Convertible - Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 05:07 AM Thread Starter

65 Convertible

Hey All,
I have a 65 convertible, C Code, 289 2bbl. I know very little history of the specific car, but it does run. It does appear to be the original engine with few new parts to have get it back to running ability. It does run, but I'm not confident in her reliability and safety on the road. So my project begins. My thoughts are to pull the engine, c4 auto transmission and replace with 5.0 EFI, new rear-end, disk brakes (basically modernize the car) and keep all original parts in case I ever want to restore later in life. My main goal is to be able to reliably and safely drive the car. What are the forum's thoughts? Thanks in advance for advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

Update: engine and transmission pulled. Thanks everyone for your advice and support.

Project Elsa
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 07:55 PM

Re: 65 Convertible

It sounds like you have a plan,have you found a 5.0 yet?
It would be nice to get it with the overdrive automatic and complete wiring harness.👍

Iowan
"Obsolete is neat"

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Re: 65 Convertible

Since original posting, the original engine is on a stand.
Project has taken a turn. Attention has been diverted body of the car.
Question for the forum. Any recommendations on:
1. Disc Brakes (front and back)
2. Wiring Harness. For the original engine.
3. I've cut out the battery apron and ready to install new one from CJ Pony parts. Metal appears to be ~22 gauge (by feel). I'm going to Mig Weld in the new apron myself before attempting new floor plans. Any advice?

If you can on #1 & #2 provide website and Item # would be helpful.

Bare in mind, I'm not an expert on anything I'm undertaking now, far from it. I'm finding myself having one of the best times ever, and frustrated at the same time. I know she'll be worth in the end.

Project Elsa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in