Look at what I just bought! :) - Page 3 - Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 08:42 AM

Re: Look at what I just bought! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEandGoingBroke View Post
MC, I sold that Mustang 4 years ago in July... My son STILL don't have a license and he's Twenty effing ONE and a half...
Really? What the hell is wrong with kids today? I got my DL at 15 and was buying beer at 18 and I was chasing all the girls as fast as I could. Even now at 43 I still would rather work on y car in the garage than get on a computer....and I'm in the IT field!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEandGoingBroke View Post
MC, I sold that Mustang 4 years ago in July... My son STILL don't have a license and he's Twenty effing ONE and a half...

I didn't notice the date of the original post, my mistake.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Xfalcon, You and I are the same age 44 in Nov

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 09:06 AM

Old post i know but had to get this off my cheat
I too bought a Mustang 11 for my 19 yr' old son as an incentive to get his license & maybe a job to make some gas/parts money!
He;s now 21 & still no license! more importantly, no job.
now, if play station were hiring guys to play Grand torismo 2 , my kid would be working 24 hrs a day!
So, i sold the little Stang, & son is in shock never believing i would really sell it.
FE- Speaking of insurance for under 25's, 1985 is around the year that our local hot rod insurer has insurance polices for "Classic cars". The Mustang 11 would have worked out to about $196.00/yr.
Now, there are certain rules, you have to get an apprasail on the car, your not supposed to use it as a daily driver , but, as the broker told me, "if you were in an accident on the way to work, You would have to say you were driving it to work, to show a potential buyer."
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Thanks Roger! I think we had twins.....
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 04:27 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger View Post
O
FE- Speaking of insurance for under 25's, 1985 is around the year that our local hot rod insurer has insurance polices for "Classic cars". The Mustang 11 would have worked out to about $196.00/yr.
Now, there are certain rules, you have to get an apprasail on the car, your not supposed to use it as a daily driver , but, as the broker told me, "if you were in an accident on the way to work, You would have to say you were driving it to work, to show a potential buyer."

I'm 26 and I had to get my insurance under my dad and it's $49 a month ( or $250 for 6 months ) for full coverage + collision with a $500 deductible. If I were to get Classic Car insurance I was told I couldn't drive it more than 5000 miles in a year, I had to have an odometer reading, it had to be appraised like you said, and it was going to be around $17 a month. I opted to not go that route, the only thing I did was apply for an antique license plate from 1976 for my 76 Mustang II and it ended up saving me $90 for registration. I now have an antique title and tag and the freedom to drive my little Mustang II around as much as I want. My insurance is through State Farm by the way.

1979 Ford Bronco - 351M auto
1979 Ford Ranger Lariat - 351W auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in