Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

New Cowl hood

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  dragracerdave 
#1 ·
Just got finished fitting a glass cowl hood,

Now I need to repair the damage on the cowl that the steel hood did when it came up at speed!

See less See more
#3 ·
On 2007-02-12 12:46, dfree383 wrote:
That Crazy seeing a right hand drive Mustang II, hood Looks great too.
that reminds me of a question i've always wanted to ask.... what is the shift pattern on a manual rh drive car? is 1st gear closest or furthest from the driver, in relation to the forward gears? never seen the inside of a rh drive car, and was just wondering....

#4 ·
On 2007-02-12 21:16, sevenlitrestang wrote:
On 2007-02-12 12:46, dfree383 wrote:
That Crazy seeing a right hand drive Mustang II, hood Looks great too.
that reminds me of a question i've always wanted to ask.... what is the shift pattern on a manual rh drive car? is 1st gear closest or furthest from the driver, in relation to the forward gears? never seen the inside of a rh drive car, and was just wondering....
The shift pattern is exactly the same! only differance is the T-handle has been turned 180deg. so as to make it easy to operate, the car did start life as a LHD car, & was converted over here when it was new, there was a company that used to convert them for Ford UK, Most of them were Coupes, I've only seen 1 other fastback!
The car is quite interesting in how the conversion was done, It still is LHD from the firewall down, under the dash the steering column was cut & a chainbox fitted to transfer the upper column over to the other side, also the pedel box was transfered over & works via rods, to operate the Throttle cable & the brake servo rod, I know what your thinking! but it drives great! theres no play in anything even after more than 30 years!
One plus is that I've got a 'glass dash! same as the factory one just reversed, still uses the factory gauges etc,
Being English & left handed I find the car suits me just fine, I've driven & raced both LHD &RHD cars & this one is my favorite!
Thanks everyone for the great comments, I'll post some more pics as the car progresses, Cheers, Dave.
p.s. there are some RHD fox Mustangs over here too!

Street Driven Bracket Racer

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragracerdave on 2/14/07 6:34am ]</font>

#5 ·
Nice job on the hood! That's a quite interestingsetup you have. One question though... What do they do with the heater box? Is it stil lin the same place?

Tim

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cobraii351 on 2/14/07 7:42pm ]</font>

#6 ·
On 2007-02-14 04:41, cobraii351 wrote:
Nice job on the hood! That's a quite interestingsetup you have. One question though... What do they do with the heater box? Is it stil lin the same place?

Tim

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cobraii351 on 2/14/07 7:42pm ]</font>
Thanks for the nice comment! As for the heater, yes its still in the same place so is the fuse box, both are 'interesting' to work on!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.