Sudden Death '75 Gapp&Roush Mustang II - Page 2 - Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 12:39 PM

Re: Sudden Death '75 Gapp&Roush Mustang II

I remember buying that issue of Hot Rod and still think it's around somewhere. Baskerville also did a story on a nice 427 SC. I also remember in about 1983, Ruggilerro built a stroked Cleveland and put it in a Fox body. He said Sudden Death was kind of a handful and sold it to build the Cleveland powered car. I think the car was a 4 cylinder '82 hatchback and was around 393 cubic inches. It was referred to as Sudden Death II. I will have to dig out my old issues of Mustang to find that article. Both cars were crazy fast, but the Cleveland was normally aspirated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown68 View Post
I remember buying that issue of Hot Rod and still think it's around somewhere. Baskerville also did a story on a nice 427 SC. I also remember in about 1983, Ruggilerro built a stroked Cleveland and put it in a Fox body. He said Sudden Death was kind of a handful and sold it to build the Cleveland powered car. I think the car was a 4 cylinder '82 hatchback and was around 393 cubic inches. It was referred to as Sudden Death II. I will have to dig out my old issues of Mustang to find that article. Both cars were crazy fast, but the Cleveland was normally aspirated.
The issue by Baskerville on Sudden Death was April 1977.

I have the other issue on the fox body car. It was a brand new 81, midnight blue hatchback. They used the TRX centers welded into centerline outer rims! I'll find that issue and get you the date.

Article was titled "Flashback"..

2006 Mustang, black, red accent
1986 FHP SSP Mustang
1967 Mustang, dusk rose, black deluxe
1975 Mustang, Gapp&Roush built, "Sudden Death"
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown68 View Post
The other article, "Flashback" was in Hot Rod, October 1983.

1986 FHP SSP Mustang

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Sudden Death Update

Here are a couple of updated photos. I've replaced the fuel system, battery cables, master cylinder, calipers, new 5 lug rotors, hoses, etc. Installed the restored wheels and correct size tires. Rears are 30-13.5-15 M/T's and fronts are now D70-14 Firestone Wide Ovals. I think swapping the front to 5 lug using same vintage ET slots was a good choice. The car sits right now in the front. I adjusted the coil overs down, but still could use another inch lower until I get to restoring the rear suspension back to leaf springs.

Its a start!

1986 FHP SSP Mustang

Last edited by SuddenDeath; 05-15-2010 at 08:36 AM. Reason: typo
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 08:07 AM

What a neat update on a really cool car. I remember well reading about that car in Hot Rod. Great to see it come back to life. Good luck with it.
Ron
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 11:12 AM

Good choice on the wheels. Looks like it should with those on it! Should have been done when it was first built.
I am so glad you are fixing up this car! Really like the car, stories, and reason for building it!
John.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the kind comments! I've gotten quite a bit done recently.

Headers are finally finished and coated. Cleaned up the engine compartment wiring, fuel system, re-installed the original ignition system and got the old Jones mech tach working. Removed the winters shifter and installed the correct shifter they had in the car originally.

Next up is getting the busted up Don Hardy seat fixed and installing new brake lines front to rear.

1986 FHP SSP Mustang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in