Roller cam advice, Please. - Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Roller cam advice, Please.

So this isn't so much a "Fox Body" question as it is for a roller cam suggestion. Also, I posted a while back with the All Ford tech board but this time I'm trying (A) guys that know roller cams best and (B) l might not have worded things all that well. So here's what l want to know: The 94 - 97 F-250's came equipped with roller cammed 5.8. Cool, huh? However, they still had the E7's and with the OE cam, they mades 210 HP in by 3500rpm and 325 lbs/tq by 2100 rpm. My thinking is making it carbed (going in a 65 Falcon w/ an aftermarket Mustang II front end) and with GT40 (not "P") heads and a 5.0 HO cam. Not looking for massive HP here, just better than the factory rating and something solid from idle through 5K'ish rpm range. Oh, and probably attach it to and aod, "maybe" with a 2K stall. I'm hoping for 250-300 HP, and 350 + torque.

Does this combo sound do'able, or is there a better cam l should consider?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 06:56 PM

Re: Roller cam advice, Please.

If I remember correctly the truck 5.0 and 5.7 were done @ 4500.

Iowan
"Obsolete is neat"

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

No probs! Not opposed to some 1.7 RR's or the next step up in a cam, be it Crane, FRPP, or whatever. Do want to stick with the GT40's though, because I'm trying to stay a little retro with tri-y's and 289 badging.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 06:56 AM
Subscriber

That would be a decent combination. Depending just what you want, the stock H.O. cam is going to be fairly short winded too, but a cheap upgrade from the truck cam. The 1.7 rockers will help slightly. Itll be all done by 5500 for sure, but it sounds like youll be ok with that. I dont see why it wouldnt make 300 hp and 350 tq with those heads and cam. Some light porting in the right spots will help quite a bit too, especially on the exhaust side.

-Eric
65 Comet wagon, 60% of the time it works every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in