Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

6 speed auto. transmission in 2011 Mustang

16K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ford4v429 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 Mustang with the V6 engine and auto. trans.

The torque converter does not engage properly after the engine has set overnight. There is a six to ten second delay when it feels like it is still in neutral. This problem exists whether it is shifted into reverse or drive. I have taken it to the dealer three times.

Ford now claims this is "normal and that I should wait ten seconds before shifting into gear. I do not believe this condition is normal.

Anyone else with this issue?

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like BS to me... Try a different dealer, if they find a problem, let ford know about the first dealer...have you posted over at themustangsource.com? I love FM, some of the best ford info around in here, but the mustang traffic is kinda light... TMS has a lot of good late model mustang info, bet someone there has dealt with this same issue already.
I hadn't heard about much auto issues with the 6 spds, but have sure read a lot about the manual 6 speeds- think fords got some teething pains there still...

Good luck with it- hate to say, but it sounds to me just like a old tranny with a clogged filter or weak pump.

Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.