Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have new model mustang seats in their car? If so what were some of the issue they may have run in to? I saw a 69 mach 1 with 99+ seats in his car and they looked pretty good, but they were GT seats. I know where to get mach 1 seats that look like the old seats and was thinking of what it would take to replace my old 1970 seats that are currently in the car. I know the rails underneath are different, and there are a couple hole modification for the floor pans. If anyone has done this do you have pictures of the process?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yep, put 02 seats in my 70 tubbed car. It wasn't too bad. I had to just take an old seat track (extra track) and cut like 1.5" off (the end with the mounting hole ) and weld them onto the original. The spacing between the holes was like 1.5" longer. Then the passenger seat just bolted into place with no other mods. The drivers seat I had to cut out a bit of the new seat frame and then extend the track like the passenger. I have pics but I don't know how to post them on this site.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like its not too bad then. You can post pictures on a picture hosting site like photobucket.com and then link them in a message. The site even creates the link you just copy and paste in your message body.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks for the link, if I get ready to do it I bet I can use a similar method.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I have no PICs ...

But I did put 1985 FireBird Seats in Queenie's 67 Camaro.

Just had to fabricate the legs ... to get proper seat height and make them mate up to the existing mount holes on the floor.

If you have the ability to fabricate ... seats aren't too tough a project

1 - 6 of 6 Posts