Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '04 Mustang convertible, and when it rains hard or I run it through a car wash I get water sloshing behind the back seat where the top folds into.

Question - Where is this coming from? Is it supposed to collect there, and then drain? Where are the drains?

I had a Chrysler Sebring that would get a sloshing sound when the drains in the pinch welds would clog - is there an engineered drainage system for the New Edge convertibles that I am unaware of?

Any help is appreciated ... the car is in great shape, but ti's done this since I bought it - so I dunno if it's a problem, or a feature.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
On the coupes, the water gets funneled onto a drip rail under the trunk lid, which then dumps the water behind the tail lights. Perhaps the convertible has a similar system? If so, leaves do like to collect there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks FE - I'll look there. When you say 'boot skin' I assume you are talking about the flexible vinyl sheet behind the rear seat that the top folds into? That is where the water is collecting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts