Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife drives an '05 Mountaineer with the 4.6 and the other night we were driving some local backroads and I had the cruise set when all the sudden the dash lites dimmed and the engine died. The lights returned to normal and the vehicle restated right away. About 5 miles down the road I re-set the cruise to see if it would die again. The lights dimmed and returned to normal instantly but vehicle did not die. Any ideas what I can check as I'm sure the dealership will spend a lot of my money trying to track down this issue! Thanks in advance for any replies!

Tony

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
There was a recall on one of the cruise control's switches on the Fords. May want to check it out. Were said to short out and cause fires.

·
Registered
576 Posts
There was a recall on one of the cruise control's switches on the Fords. May want to check it out. Were said to short out and cause fires.
I got that notice too...Took it to the dealer and Ford didn't have a fix yet, but gave service dept. instructions to disable cruise and Ford was to notify owners to bring their vehicles back when parts were available. Don't remember ever getting the 2nd notice....
Explorer is long gone tho, traded it for an Edge in '07

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks a ton guys I was hoping it was something known like that cause a guy could go insane or broke or both tryin to track a gremlin like that down! I will call the dealer in Kenyon we bought it from when i get home from work 1st thing in the morning!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts