Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I don't know what to say. My dealer took my money a year ago. They are one of the largest SVT dealers in the Southeast. While I was home in May, I met with the General Manager. He stated they will get two convertibles first and they had no say in it. Now, they call the first few people on the list and offered the convertibles. Well, one of the 2 that where ahead of me took one and the other went to someone down the list..... One coupe will be sold before I get mine. That is a total of 3 cars for one dealer. How many dealers will get four Shelbys???? Check out the link below. People are getting there cars as we speak. Do you think I will get mine? I don't know why they would only make 7000 cars and offer them to ALL Dealers with out taking in to consideration those who have provied the foundation.

I know I'm being selfish and Whinning but I stayed another year in this s#&T hole just to have some thing special. I want to be one of those Guys that sit on the proch 30 years from now and say, " I have had that Shelby since it was Bran' New".

Please forgive me for Cryin', Happy 4th and God Bless All of you. Eat some Pork for me...

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot the Photo details. this is a sun set over Baghdad International Air Port. This Generator supplies the Power for our Camp 24/7. It only stops running to change the oil. 4000+ hours non stop @ 1500rpm's with out a problem to date.....

·
Programmer
856 Posts
You will get it. If ford can sell them, they will make them. They need the money.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
If anyone should get one, that person should be you. Thanks for protecting our freedom in America.
Yes I will eat Pork for you.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Pork it is!

You deserve that car. Good luck.

Thank you for your service. God bless you and America.

Happy Fourth of July!

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
The production has been slow as of late for numerous upon numerous quality checks.. After our summer shutdown they will start to speed things up.

Don't worry, Im waiting for mine as well. Do you have a DORA?

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Its the paper work that tells the car has been ordered (sorry I forgot exactly what DORA means, Something like "Dealer Order-something rather)

If your salesman did not give you one (which he doesnt exactly have to) you might not be getting one.

And food for thought. There is no SPECIFIC order to which verts or coupes are built. The only thing thats holding verts is the material hold for the shaker1000.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where in michigan are you????? Please say your messing with me. I don't care about the Shaker... I want my car....

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Im near Ann Arbor. And no Im not messing with you.

Did you actually go to the dealer and make an order for the car in the last 1-3 months?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Being that close to Dearborn, I'm sure you get more info than most. I havn't got a clear answer out of the dealer yet. I sumitted the build sheet but they said it would be ordered when they got the call from Ford. Are there any specific questions to ask the dealer? I've never ordered a car before.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Call from Ford to do the order? They must have had to sign up to sell GT500.

I tell ya what, Over at Stangsunleashed.com forums in the GT500 section there is a forum called "Gathering place".

Copy your posts from here and there will be people all over your topic.

This was the first car I have ever ordered also. There are about 4or5 guys that work at dealerships on stangsunleashed who are very sharp (and alot of others that are not dealership workers) and are VERY helpful and know the whole game.

I know the main question you should ask your salesman is if he has a DORA for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got the call, The dealer will have his allocation numbers tomorrow and will call me back with either the DORA or the VIN...... Thanks wildosvt01, I had a bit more knowlage when talking to the manager.... I would doubt it but he did call today like he said he would.

Now, I have to get busy on the new shop. Anyone have Photo's of Shop Floor's with art work? A friend has the checkered flag with a chevy emblem... Any idea's?

The plan is a 30x38x12 with 2-10x10 doors, a 3x7 entery door and an 8x8 on the side so the 4-wheelers, lawnmower, ect. will stay away form the stangs.

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I been hearing that you must put 10,000 down to order one,any truth to that ? also the dealers are jacking up the price by 5 to 25 thousand ,any truth to that ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I put $2000 deposit and promised to pay $5000 over msrp in July 05. I think I have that worked out because they lost my paper work. I may not have to pay it. Who knows? They didn't even know about me because the SALESMAN (if you want to call him that) quit without following up my details.... I showed the paper work and the GM has delt with me direct ever since..... It's been tough not hearing anything but after that call, I feel good about it.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
On 2006-07-06 08:18, Lambbo2003 wrote:
The plan is a 30x38x12 with 2-10x10 doors, a 3x7 entery door and an 8x8 on the side so the 4-wheelers, lawnmower, ect. will stay away form the stangs.

What do you think?
If you're gonna be 30 wide, why not do a 9ft and a 16ft door? I'm planning on doing a 30(w)x26(d) garage and using a standard 16x8 2-car door with a 9x8 door next to it for the 'work bay'.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
On 2006-07-06 09:49, SpongeBob wrote:
I been hearing that you must put 10,000 down to order one,any truth to that ? also the dealers are jacking up the price by 5 to 25 thousand ,any truth to that ?
In most cases yes. I am a powerlease holder so I get mine @ MSRP.

Dealers can over chagre what they want. But most dealers will be charging 10k over sticker.

I got my VIN today.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
My brother-in-law works at the Mustang plant , he said that Shelby was there and sighed the dash of one of them. Ford can't make enough of the Mustangs to sell. They are hot cakes.

He said you can make arrangements with Ford to watch your GT500 being built.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
On 2006-07-06 16:18, SpongeBob wrote:
My brother-in-law works at the Mustang plant , he said that Shelby was there and sighed the dash of one of them. Ford can't make enough of the Mustangs to sell. They are hot cakes.

He said you can make arrangements with Ford to watch your GT500 being built.
Shelby signed the first one. Thats it.

And no, You cannot see your car being built. No tours are being given.

BUT, If they are making special arrangments for Shelby buyers then this could be a good thing. Could you drop him a line for me?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts