Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 66 mustang with a 395w. Supposedly it pushes 390hp and 430tq at the crank. I also have a c4 with 2200 rpm stall. 225/70/r14s on the back. 100hp shot of nos. Traction bars. Subframe connectors.any guesses on the 1/4mile time?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
As HOTTAROD stated hope you beefed up other things. If not and your converter turns loose something may break. Retart the cam and the power transfur off the line will be on top end. Be better on drive train on starting line.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
with slicks what do you think i will run?
I assembled a low cost 393 stroker at home, with slicks it ran [email protected] Yours with n2o should be quicker if it hooks.

As mentioned you will need a stout* drive train for reliability when using slicks with 500+HP.

* 31 spline axles
* 9"
* good u-joints

Your C4 will help soften the launch (or possible act as the fuse)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had my tranny built and the shop said it could hold 500 horses. I have a tci 2200 rpm stall and as far as rearend i just purchased a 9 inch rearend end and I went through it and put all new bearings and seals. It is a 28 spline though. I think everything will hold. hope so anyway.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'll predict slow with those tires. I'd expect not to use the N20 and spin your way to 13's with a nice mph. With sticky tires and N20 you'd certainly be in roll bar territory with a quickness.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
My 450 HP or so '65 Falcon went 13.5 @ 107 MPH on street tires. Zero traction so I had to peddle it lightly until well into second gear. You will need slicks - I wouldn't bother until you have them. It was more scarry than fun! :eek: Having a car dancing around at half track isn't my idea of a good time!

Also gear ratio info might help for tighter numbers on the guess.

John

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks. My only problem is finding a slick for a 14 inch rim. Guess i may be investing in new rims so I can put something bigger than a 225 on the back. And I have a 370 gear
A few years ago I ran into the low 12's on BFG G Force drag radials. They were 215/60 14's on the stock steel Mustang rims.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Thanks. My only problem is finding a slick for a 14 inch rim. Guess i may be investing in new rims so I can put something bigger than a 225 on the back. And I have a 370 gear
Look a little harder. I see them on Honda Civics at the track all the time.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
What that means is a 26 inch tall tire that is 8.5 wide and takes a 14 inch rim..
Add to this that the 275/60 R15 is nomenclature for a radial type tire and the 26x8.5x14 is nomenclature for a bias ply tire.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
To further confuse things not all manufactures use the same measuring points on the tire for these items. An exapmle might be an 8.5" wide tire of Brand A might be a different width than Brand B, if that makes sense?

Metric sizing is like this:

275 = Width in mm
60 = Profile percentage of width vs tire height (I still don't really get this)
15 = Wheel size

John

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
To further confuse things not all manufactures use the same measuring points on the tire for these items. An exapmle might be an 8.5" wide tire of Brand A might be a different width than Brand B, if that makes sense?

Metric sizing is like this:

275 = Width in mm
60 = Profile percentage of width vs tire height (I still don't really get this)
15 = Wheel size

John
Yes. Some use the width of the tire patch that is on the ground and some use the total width of the sidewall. It can get confusing but if you do some research you will figure it out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.