Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I only got one pass in before the track was rained out for the night.
Dang that mother mature!!!

See signature for cars specs.

So you do you think? I am defiantly going in the right direction. I only laid down a best of 8.708 last weekend.
I should have a new electric fan and race shocks for the next set of runs.

.973 reaction

1.785 60ft
8.390 et

82.698 mph.

Northeast Dragway.

Good inputs/comments are always welcome

http://www.northeastdragway.com

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I see no specs? But its a good looking car!

I'm running 82MPH runs but at 9.10 seconds (2.3 second 60')... traction traction traction!

Seems like its running hard!

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I'm not sure on the conversion but I think that's probably about a mid to high 12 in the quarter?Very nice looking and working car.What were you running for tires?...If you click on the "my cars" button you can see his specs.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
probably low 13's. MAAAYBE break into the 12s with good air.

But yes, a great running car!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thekingofazle on 7/29/06 3:23pm ]</font>

·
Registered
777 Posts
Using the formula that has always worked real well for me, its a low 13 second pass. Somwhere around 13.20, maybe a little quicker.

1/8 ET + .24 divided by .655 = 1/4 et

Its not perfect, but if the car leaves good and doesnt spin a bunch, its pretty close.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Sounds like you need some tuning, it should run alot better.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Man, nice times. What brand slicks r u running? I've got some
215/60/14 dr's now but once those are used up I may look into some slicks as I've heard dr's don't work well for stick shift cars.. On just one pass I'd say you for sure will turn 12's w/ some seat time. No one every runs there best on first pass anyway....What shocks are you going to? I went from the kyb's to rancho's and it made a hugh difference...

·
Registered
42 Posts
according to the 3 different calculators your et would get you to around 13.15-13.3 .

I tried mine out a couple weeks ago and ran a best of 8.65 @ 83.96. on street tires. Since then I have made clamps for my leafs springs and am disconnecting my front swaybar. I also just picked up a new set of M/T ET Streets radials to get some traction. I'm shooting for 8.2 which should get me 12.9 in the 1/4

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
My best time was a 13.4 at 103.7mph, and that was on street tires with a 2.05 60 ft and my 1/8 mile was 8.68 at 82.6, which is pretty much identical to you except you were .25 faster on the 60ft time and carried that for .3 faster at the 1/8, so I'd guess you would run a couple tenths faster in the quarter, so 13.0-13.2. I think the Air Gap intake is holding you back some on the strip, but if you spend most of your time on the street then you'll probably want to stick with it... otherwise I'd be looking into a Vic Jr. if you want to cut off a couple tenths.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts