Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 65 comet and I'm redoing a lot of the wiring and setting up new electric things like an electric fuel pump. I ended up attaching several wires to the hot side of my solinoid and everything is running ok, but it looks sloppy and bulky, I was wondering if I could just run one larger power wire from the hot side of the coil to a fuse panel? I think it should work the same I just want to ask and make sure it will work before I redo everything I've done so far. It works and I would leave it but whats down there now is so messy and confusing and not properly labeled. So I figured I would do some work now to save myself a headache when something fails later. Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
Absolutely. Run the cable into the cabin and hook it to a generic fuse/breaker panel with a couple more circuits than you expect to use now. Normally all powered circuits are fused near the source, so I'd run a few inches to a Mega Fuse or ANL style fuse, and then on with the cable to wherever so the system is protected from fire. If you want switched (key ON) power, the high-amp relays for factory fans are a common, reliable and and cheap source to add at the box. See my drawing below for all these features added to my '69.

David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts