Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok if you guys have been following along, my truck isn t stock. but i want a stock 1-wire alternator. maybe like 70 or 75 amps? i m not paying over $100 for one when i can get the stock replacement for like $40. is there an alternator that ford had that is a one wire or do i have to get a GM alt. i want one just because they look nicer and don t have to have that regulator hanging on the fender

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Yes, there are quiet a few one wire Ford alternators on the late eighties and early nineties Tbirs, Tarus' crown vics, that should bolt right on. You can get them with v or groved pulley. I looked them up on www.rockauto.com. they give all the specifics. With that info you can go shopping the yards or local stores. I think they go as high as 110 amp if I can remember. The smaller the less you pay of course. Autozone is a source but they catalogue by vehicle and they don't show the alternator so you have to know before you go which year and make you want.
Rock Auto has decent prices and decent service but , you'll probably have to order online.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts