Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, how fast has anyone been on these tires that you know or have heard of...reputable of course
thanks for any help. ron

·
Registered
359 Posts
the local speed shop has a car that runs in the 10.5 outlaw class and he has run a 7.44 I belivie, they will hold up to alot of punisment.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys.. mike, do you think i can get my car to hook with these tires?

'91 saleen, 357", track heat heads, victor efi upper/lower, 75 mm t/b, custom comp retro roller, nitrous works 260 hp 2-stage plate, 3800 10" no2 converter, homebuilt c-4 (thanks to gregaust , anderson performance pms efi tuner, 8.8 axle with spool, moser alloy axles, 4.10 gear

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rj on 5/13/02 11:43pm ]</font>

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
They are a little on the small side, but I believe MT makes an ET-Street that is 26" tall with a 10" tread. It's probably listed as a 12.5 or something in the books. It should work on your car with an 8" wheel no problem. If you want to 'massage' things a bit up under there, a 28x10 tread slick (or ET-Street) can be made to fit.

260hp worth of nitrous!
I hope that's a 351W you're dealing with... If not, and you're dealing with a 302, I hope you've got some loc-wire gaskets or something up your sleeve... else, you'll get plenty of practice at changing them.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey mike, it is a 351 w block ('72) and i have head studs and a really good gasket but..with NO lockwire. i have dealt with no2 before and i have always experienced that on a bad tune a gasket will go before a piston. two years ago i put copper gaskets on and cooked a couple peestones on one pass
anyway, once i get the combo close the lockwires will go on
the tires; right now have the 26 x 10.5 et streets on and am going to wfc5...think i need to change or not?? i am lowering the car a couple of inches and lowering the lca's 4" to try plant the tires a little harder.. last week i left w/o no2 and blew the tires off instantly...but, i thought i had 12 psi on air in them..forgot i put in 25 to drive to town.oh well i get goofy occasionally
..thanks for the help. are you going to the wfc>>if so let's hook up somewhere>> later, ron

'91 saleen, 357", track heat heads, victor efi upper/lower, 75 mm t/b, custom comp retro roller, nitrous works 260 hp 2-stage plate, 3800 10" no2 converter, homebuilt c-4 (thanks to gregaust , anderson performance pms efi tuner, 8.8 axle with spool, moseer alloy axles, 4.10 gear

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rj on 5/14/02 2:58am ]</font>

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
It all depends upon the vehicle, but those small tires seem to be right on the edge for a car like yours. If the track is awesome, you might be alright. The automatic transmission helps too. If you had a stickshift, I'd say "no way".

I'm not going, but will try and make it to some more local Ford races later in the summer... possibly Fun Ford at Norwalk, Ohio. (If there are some others around here that want to go) That's a nice event, and a GREAT track.

Later, and good luck!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks again mike. st.louis is only 50ish miles from the house and i can say that it has lots-o-bite. maybe i will keep 'em on and give a try. sorry that you are not going to the greatest ford race on the planet
... it <U>WILL</U> be worth the drive
. ps...i have a shop and an extra room for anyone needing it for the weekend. later,ron

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
You might think about trying the Hoosier QT Pro in a 27x11.5 size. They DO hook! My Mustang brought home 500 presidents with those out back Sat. night.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks. i already have a set of 10.5 x 28 m/t slicks on the bb turbo car but, i already have the 26's on the car i'm taking to wfc. looks like they will stay on for this weekend...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey greg...thanks to you again
anyway, i built a unit from a truck that had 5 clutches and a wavy disc so, the 6 went really easy. just got the i think 40-2 trans-go kit and followed the litterature you sent and presto >>> it actually works great! i am planning on doing a full roller unit for the car soon, already machined a few parts and aquires a few other parts. gerg, i wish you could get on the boat and come join the fun this weekend
...it'll be lots of fun! well, gotta get back to the car, this anderson pms is rattling my brain
..oh well if i get it figures out the no2 option will kick a$$! later guys, ron.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts