Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a set of 10 inch wide wheels on there ranchero? measuring from the frame rail to wheel lip measures 12.5 inches so im going into the ummm stage if i cut the tub out and move it back to the frame rail and use a ladder bar with coil over set up it looks like this will work. the rims im looking at 15x10 with a 4.5 offset.

Has anyone ran this before 15x8 whats a extra 2 inches if you have to go through the work anyhow????

·
Registered
368 Posts
I don't have a '63 - but that sounds big. Most compact cars from this era had tiny wheelwells. Have you mocked anything up yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi - from what ive seen - there isnt enough room for a 10 ' wheel. Most ive seen done is an 8=8 & 1/2 wide wheel with a 4 & 1/2 ' offset. Remember the leaf springs are the closest thing to the tire sidewalls. i go a little conservative and put 8" wide wheels with a 4 & 1/2 inch offset only- ive got a pair of the latter on my 64 ranchero now . careful on tire selections also.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Hi - from what ive seen - there isnt enough room for a 10 ' wheel. Most ive seen done is an 8=8 & 1/2 wide wheel with a 4 & 1/2 ' offset. Remember the leaf springs are the closest thing to the tire sidewalls. i go a little conservative and put 8" wide wheels with a 4 & 1/2 inch offset only- ive got a pair of the latter on my 64 ranchero now . careful on tire selections also.
What size tire worked for you with this setup (15x8 with 4 1/2 inch offset)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts