Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning to build my own C4 but I was pricing parts and can to a total of 1400$ for pan, transbrake, billet survos, hardened shaft, alto clutches, new pump, new billet planets, is all these parts really needed???

Will a C4 hold up to 900-1000 hp with just a good servo, cluches and hardened shaft or are all the other part really needed??

I doesn't seem that bad of a deal just to buy the 1800$ rollerized bad boy from Performance automatic.com. Anybody run that C4 or any of the competators C4 and how much power are they holding.....

Thanks, Scott

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I have ran a PA C-4 for close to 10 years. This is by far the best tranny I have had in my 25 years of racing. My engine makes 750 N/A & I have a NOS Big Shot set on kill. Only thing about them is you must keep the proper fluid level & synthetic fluid ain't cheap. Best unit I've seen.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Scott, you want to build it yourself, email me and I will send you the info I put together to do the roller mods and add more clutches OK.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the insight, I think I will build my own using PA's pump, shaft, planets.

Thanks Scott

·
Registered
413 Posts
You could try ATI too. They sell a roller gear set for $260. They have pretty good prices and very good quality stuff. I highly reccomend them.

·
Registered
165 Posts
anyone know what is supposed to be so special about PA pump because they sure are proud of it if all it is is a stock one with new gears and removed cooler check valve. any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I looked at mine closely after disassembling it and found 2 holes are larger than stock on the stator support but I didn't notice any check balls or springs missing. Just the roller #1 thrust and 2 larger holes is all I found. I still need a digital camera to take compare pics of the PA C-4 parts next to the stock C-4 parts since all 5 C-4s are now all apart to get all 5 cases machined for the roller against the case on the inside and the rest of the parts machined for rollers. The holes on the PA Super Pump I have between the sealing rings are still the same size as stock. Only 2 holes on the front face where the pump mounts to are larger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts