Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of hardware do you need to buy to make a 351 in a 3200lb Tbird go 12sec..??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, 351W. And I believe the car is 3200 to 3800lbs.. Not possitive. It's a project and will end up with many extra's..

I'm looking to put a mostly stock short block, and work from there.. Will the stock short block hold 400+??

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
n2omike: that is one badass stang you've got there! What's the fastest you've run without nitrous? How much HP do you think that 302 is making?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking to build an engine that will do good on the highway, roughly 20-25 Mpg.. But looking for it to have power. Optimumly I'd like to do a dual carb, intake, and a good set of stock heads to begin with. Headers, probibly move into a roller setup, rockers and rods.

Did the 351 come out in a roller block? Or could a guy take a 5.4 and put a carb system on instead of the EFI??

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
A stock 351W block will hold easily 600+ hp. My dyno operator said that they will go 650, but not for very long.
Personally I'm @ 610 hp @ 6800 rpm, and 544 ft lbs tq @ 5100.

Look in the latest issues (or a month ago, or so), of car cratf and hot rod. They've both (I think), done windsor and stroker buildups that easily surpassed the 500/500 mark, that were real streetable/realistic.

Hell, mine is streetable! (just depends on what you're willing to live with as far as gas mileage and idle quality)

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
mark, that were real streetable/realistic.

Hell, mine is streetable! (just depends on what you're willing to live with as far as gas mileage and idle quality)
I know the feeling...our 396 idles at 1700 rpm and uses roughly a 1/2 gallon of fuel per pass...yea I guess it might be streetable

1 - 8 of 8 Posts