Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
moving the 09 around last week, again noticed how solid the shifter felt compared to my 06, of course, had to wonder why- popping the boot up, its a different piece...so did some reading, and heard all the 09s got the bullitt shifter...hmm.

went on ebay, found a take out 09 shifter for 15 bucks, put it in tonight and solid as a rock...looking at them you can see the lower pivot is a bit longer to shorten the throw up top, and the handle itself is massive and feels solid compared to the soft rubber bushed 06 version. the throw is only maybe 1/2" less than before, but it lost the rubbery feel completely!

anyone with a 05-08 (non-bullitt) and no mod budget might keep a eye out for a 09 shifter as a dirt cheep upgrade...woulda like to have had a triax, but this was a almost freebie

Attachments

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Would be nice to see a tech article about how to change out to a TCI Ratchet Shifter for the newer Mustangs,,, How about it Rickyracer?
Can do, just give me a month or so. I have some engine mods to do first then a rear spoiler and then the shifter. It even comes with instructions. Like the old saying goes "when all else fails, read the instructions".

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Would be nice to see a tech article about how to change out to a TCI Ratchet Shifter for the newer Mustangs,,, How about it Rickyracer?
You mean like this one, old factory and new TCI shifter I just installed in my bro's car. I had to get it done since he returns from Iraq next month after his year over there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
yes please post a tech about this so i can get it done to my 06 v6 car! thx ..scott
Scott
well I'm working on it now, Dad came a picked up the car to finish other work on it too. It's in Carson City, Nv. now. I have all the info to get her done for a tech article, but I can answer any questions you have right now. I have all my notes and pictures.
This was TCI Model 619570 for 05-09 Stangs, going into a 07 V-6, 4.0 Stang. I'll post some pics of it for you.
My Bro who owns the car is returning from active duty in Iraq very soon, and is anxious to see all the inside and outside work that's been done. Dad brought it up here May last year for me to store and do a few things on it, now he has it to have a 3.73 gears and posi unit installed, plus engine mods at RDW in Reno, and then a new rear spoiler that was suppose to be done this week.
I got to do the lighting and shifter and dad does the hard stuff. Where you from anyway, you sound familiar?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Well the Stang is back from the body shop,, looking real fine. The shop we picked did a great job on the paint for the new spoiler. Doesn't look like some old road apple with yacht boat intakes from Wal Mart, crudely installed to try to impress other people,, just looks like a mighty fine newer Mustang with a vintage look to it. :)
I'm sure Dacofa will post some pics soon, as soon as the snow stops falling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts