Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
I am building a 30 2 door sedan and having a hard time finding front seats that:
a, fit between the pillars (44")
b, move forward and back enough to allow access to the back seat.
c. low profile (4" chop)
Any ideas?
Coyoterun

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You might want to check out your local pick a part, go to the import section, I find import buckets have better sizing to match smaller interiors
i.e- my Fairlane i tried a set of T-bird buckets, but, they just didn;t look right for a compact car, ended up pulling a set out of an Accura coupe,
perfect scale for my little F;lane, lumbar support, tilt back, adj. up/down & i only had to drill 1 new hole in my floor to fit seat rails.
All in for 65 bucks
I also pulled headrests out of a little Civic, smaller & just look right
If your real lucky, you might even find a color that works, mine are in Red, that is so close to my interior, no need to change color

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my biggest problem is that the rails do not allow the seats to move forward far enough to allow access to the back seat. Short of cutting and lengthening a set of rails I thought there might be a better solution?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The same problem i had access rear seats, so i took my tape & off to the import section, i can;t recall exact sizing now, but the Accura coupe bucket seat rails were about 6" shorter than my stock rails, once installed you can;t see the rear rail mounts. they do have a very small rear mounting plate, the flat round mount surface hides under the rear seat, even with the seats far forward, the rear bolt locations are not in the way when squeezing into my back seat, i;m pretty happy how they look too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts