Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I just bought a barn fresh 32 model bb ford truck. It belonged to my girlfreinds grandfather, he bought it new in 32. The truck did sit in the barn for the last 30 years or so. The truck is a little rough around the edges. The truck still has the original flathead v-8 and it runs very good. I would like to know if anyone knows where there is good place to buy interior parts like seats and other parts.body panels and wire harnes ect. Has anyone on this web site changed the mech brakes over to hyd. brakes? how much work is it, is it worth it?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
guizzyman -- where you live -

ill swap ya a 67 running galaxie for that truck-

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there, I live in east central ohio in the town of Dover. As of right now I plan on keeping the truck.I would like to get it back on the road so I can take it to some car shows. If I do decide to sell or trade it I will post it here.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I'm considering buying a 1947 Ford 1/2 ton with a stake bed, A/T, and 351 engine. Will most likely be taking the same approach as you as far as getting back on road. I'll let you know if I find a good source for parts; both new and used. I live in South Carolina.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Is this a 1/2 ton or bigger truck? and I would definately get rid of the mechanical brakes,hydraulic brakes started in 39 so look for 39 and up for the brake parts. If its a 1/2 ton you will have more options on the brakes but if its larger you will have to get the parts off the same size truck and since most that hot rod bigger trucks put them on a 1/2 ton chassis you might be able to get the parts cheap. For the other parts get a Hemmings motor news magazine and interior suppliers will be in there,theres a junkyard south west of Columbus Ohio that has a bunch of older stuff. Take 71 and head south untill Rt 56 and then head south and the yard will be on the left a couple miles down the road. Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts