Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in auto shop my teacher has a beautiful 1950 f100 and as a project he wants to put all disc brakes on it. The kit has to be able to bolt right up to the stock axles/spindles. He says they dont have to be top of the line brakes as it still has the flathead v8 in - so there isnt much power to be stopped. The only kit i could find was http://www.ecihotrodbrakes.com/5inch_boltcircle_discbrake_kits.html
and that is remenufactured parts. Anyone else know of any other nice kits? Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Well, my thoughts are Master Power or Stainless Steel Brake Company {SSBC}....pick up a current copy of Rod and Customer, I see adds in there all the time. Only issue I have I believe they use GM generic motors brake parts.
Andy

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldnt find anything to convert the rear to disc also, i only found kits for the front. Can you use a front kit in the rear?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, no?

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
no, youd need a rear kit. but at this point, swapping axles may be cheaper and easier. Im gonna link monstermach to this, hes building an old effie and can tell ya all about his system. Not much is stock on it, but its all in stock locations (pedal, booster, etc) so he'll prolly be of help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts