Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade the look on my 56 Customline. Maybe through rims and tires. Possibly a bit of a "retro rake" on the nose. Does anyone have pics of 55 or 56 sedans? Please include tire and rim sizes with pics. Just like to see what tires may look like before investing. Thanks

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I owned a 55 Ford convert back in 1960, but I guess that doesn't help much.

(My first convert and real "drive-in" car. Bought the car with my high school prom money.)

Unfortunately, after I bought the car (for a whopping $425), while driving the car home, my buddy pulled along side and said, "do you know your car is going down the road slightly sideways?"

Never really could shut the passenger door. Door kept flying open on any bump.

After three months, fair swapped that car for a 54 Olds 88, 2 dr sedan, three speed column shift.

Why?

The Olds had a heater that worked, and the doors stayed shut.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would appreciate any photos and the tire sizes you are showing. I have a hard time visualizing what might look good - to tall or to short. A lot of tire sizes out there. My local tire shop had a program that would show a 55 Ford and you could see the different tires. At that time I didn't think about changing tire or rims. I checked the other day and they had "upgraded" their program. No more 55 or 56 Ford full sized cars, only T-birds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts