Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,420 Posts
That looks very very nice.
If I lived nearby, I would be getting you to do all my resto jobs. :)

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Very, very nice FE! Well done...John

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Nice

1960, age 17, bought my first convert, a 55 Ford, two tone blue (dark blue over light blue).

Although the car just about fell apart under me, and I kept it just for the "summer of 60", I'll never forget that car.

·
Premium Member
34,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Funny you should mention that... Here's an e-mail I got from them last night.

The clock doesn’t work, the speedometer doesn’t work, the odometer doesn’t work, we got to Newberry Hill exit and heard the gosh awfulest noise. The rim of the hubcap came loose. It is ruined and it also bent the fender skirt….

So it looks like my job isn't done yet... :(

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
The car looks great!! There are always some "teething" pains on every new build that I have done. Sounds like the speedo cable is not in the trans or is broken.
You must have used a factory clock. Those never worked.

·
Premium Member
34,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Clock worked FINE (I refurbished it myself) It was working when I got there also.

The speedo gear came off and is hiding in the tail shaft. Not my problem. :)

The fender skirt has a little bend and missing some paint from the beauty ring coming off, I am going to repair and re-paint out of the goodness of my heart.

That's all. :)

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Fantastic looking car, FE, great job.

·
Premium Member
34,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This speedo gear slips into the end of the cable snout and has NO clips nor anything but gravity that holds it in place once installed in tranny pointing upwards. It wasn't there when I took the cable out so it MUST be inside the tail housing.

Not my problem because I didn't do any tranny work and told her tranny and speedo issues will be dealt with by someone else. I restored the Cluster and it works flawlessly. Not my problem. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.