Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first classic car! Picked her up this weekend in WV. She is a project and as I am a newbie, I decided to get involved in this forum. My plans for the car are not very ambitious, just something that looks and drives nice.

One of the first thing I need to take care of is welding in new floor pans in the front. The rest of the car seems solid. Does anyone know where I can find some decent front pans for a 62 Fairlane 500 4 door?

Thanks!

·
Registered
307 Posts
62-65 floor pans are all the same. Check out the Fairlane catalogues for them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
62-65 floor pans are all the same. Check out the Fairlane catalogues for them.
I just bought a 63 4 door with the same problem. Depending on how bad the problem is; you may just purchase 18 gauge metal and cut it to fit the areas you need to replace. Pans are hard to find for these years but may be available for a 65??? I recommend cutting and bending and welding in 1/4" angle iron where you need it to give strength. I've patched several spots and it looks and works great. Gett carpet out of a late model cadellac or camry with insulation molded to the bottom for insullation. This is a the cheapest option I found. Good Luck! I need help with the rear window crank assembly drawing. I have a wagon....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts